Red Lion Controls talks about the importance of using edge intelligence and integrated systems to create an IIoT framework when adopting Industry 4.0 to enhance productivity in the final episode of Series 2.
element14 has today released the sixth and final episode in the second season of its global podcast series, The Innovation Experts. The podcast interview features Red Lion Controls, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of technology solutions for communication, industrial automation and networking.
In this new podcast episode, Red Lion Controls showcases how companies can leverage edge intelligence and integrated systems to access valuable process and automation data to improve operations. Red Lion’s Technical Business Development Manager, Barry Turner shares his views on the key requirements to build an Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) framework and highlights the critical need for convergence of Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT).
Dave Beck, Global Director E-mech & Passives at element14 said: “Red Lion Controls is experiencing growing demand from customers seeking to digitise brown-field sites and enhance existing applications by establishing an IIoT framework. One of the major challenges customers face is breaking down barriers between their information technology and operational technology departments, which have historically not always been compatible co-existents. In our final episode, we find out how Red Lion Controls helps customers identify a common goal clearly, integrate their respective systems and use each other’s expertise to successfully transition to Industry 4.0.”
Series 2: Industry 4.0 and the Future of Manufacturing shares the opinions of leading industry experts, uncovering the trends, challenges, products, and solutions that enable the global transition to Industry 4.0 principles and accelerate innovation in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Each episode in the series provides valuable insights for buyers, design engineers, and other industry professionals wanting to stay up to date with the latest trends, challenges, products, tools and applications.
All previous podcast episodes in Series 2 are now available on element14’s Technical Resources Hub, including:
- Episode 1: Upgrading to Industry 4.0 using new and existing measurements – The debut episode of the series focuses on how process and manufacturing companies can adopt Industry 4.0 principles by embracing digitisation. Omega Engineering’s Kevin Goohs discusses innovative ways to upgrade existing facility systems with critical solutions, such as sensors and new digital smart probes, to capture real-time information on the factory floor. Companies will understand edge monitoring and control, how to identify new mechanisms to deliver and analyse big data and why it’s important to run critical pilot project evaluations before committing to full system installation.
- Episode 2: Aligning sustainability, business strategy and partnerships with Industry 4.0– Schneider Electric provides an exclusive overview of the company’s innovative approach to developing new technology solutions for the IIoT, including how key learnings are passed directly onto customers. According to Mark Yeeles, Vice President Industrial Automation, UK & Ireland, the secret to advancing the adoption of Industry 4.0 is to engage strategic partners who can help create fully optimised facilities. Engineers and facility managers will be empowered to make smarter and often autonomous decisions that can streamline processes and accelerate the transformation to digital success.
- Episode 3: Integration is the gateway to unlock Industry 4.0– Advantech explains why integration is the gateway to unlocking the core principles of Industry 4.0 technology. Matt Dentino, Industrial Internet of Things Channel Manager for North America, explains how a long-standing policy of embracing open architecture has influenced the company’s approach to asset integration, energy management, digital transformation and real-time monitoring and analysis. Listeners will learn about the need for strategic business partnerships and the importance of embracing a new generation of engineers to maintain a competitive edge as Industry 4.0 supercharges the industrial world.
- Episode 4: Achieving process automation with design and analytics– Eaton showcases how companies can achieve process optimisation with innovative design and big data analytics to predict needs, inform smarter decision-making and generate new efficiencies. Alexandra Rangel, National PowerXpert Application Engineer for Eaton, uncovers the challenges and benefits for companies seeking to embrace Industry 4.0 principles and build digital factories for optimal performance. With the advancement of new technologies, Alexandra highlights the importance of having a digitisation strategy to support an organisation’s Industry 4.0 journey.
- Episode 5: Harnessing Industry 4.0 to build a better future –ABB provides detailed insights on their comprehensive digitisation program designed to increase end-to-end transparency and visibility. ABB’s Massimiliano Cifalitti and Fabio Monachesi share their perspectives on how Industry 4.0 is driving a technology revolution and provide real-world examples to showcase how significant improvements in safety, productivity and cost reductions can be achieved. However, they agree that Industry 4.0 is not just about technology. Companies must partner with the right people who share a common goal to increase productivity in a way that is safe and environmentally sustainable, with corporate responsibility becoming a key pillar of the new industrial era.
Red Lion Controls has delivered innovative solutions for key sectors including communication, monitoring and control for industrial automation and networking since 1972. The company’s technologies enable customers worldwide to gain real-time data visibility that drives enhanced productivity. Red Lion is part of Spectris plc, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company.
The Innovation Experts podcast is freely available from major podcast providers including Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
The final podcast episode of Series 2: Industry 40 and the Future of Manufacturing featuring Red Lion Controls is available now on element14’s Technical Resources Hub.