AnyPort™ design is production-ready solution combining industry-leading ACF controller and ultra-high-power-density DC/DC converter technology
Silanna Semiconductor, The Power Density Leader, has unveiled the latest addition to its family of AnyPort™ fully integrated reference designs that provide everything an engineer needs to prototype and test fully functional multi-port fast charger applications rapidly. Built around Silanna’s CO2 Smart Power™ advanced AC/DC controller and high-frequency DC/DC converter technology and featuring a superjunction FET, the RD-35simplifies and speeds the development of low-energy consumption multi-port 65W fast chargers offering USB Type-A and Type-C functionality.
Silanna’s RD-35 is a high-power-density, ultra-efficient, production-ready solution for multi-port 65W USB-PD applications delivering currents up to 3.25A. Operating efficiency greater than 92% minimizes power consumption during charging, while no-load consumption of less than 300 mW reduces standby power. Efficiency is relatively flat across the universal (90 – 265Vac) input voltage range and low-to full-load conditions.
The RD-35combinesSilanna’s SZ1131 fully-integrated AC/DC active clamp flyback (ACF) controllerand the company’s SZPL3102A high-voltage, high-efficiency integrated 65W buck converter. AnyPort™ architecture provides the flexibility to complete a charger design for a given power level prior to specifying and configuring the specific number and type of output ports. This allows a single base charger design to be deployed across a variety of end products with different Type-C and Type-A output configurations. Time-to-market is further reduced as the RD-35 exceeds conducted and radiated EMI requirements, eliminating the need for pre-production validation and certification.
“Manufacturers are looking to create multi-port fast chargers that address stringent performance, power density and efficiency requirements within tight time-to-market deadlines,” says Ahsan Zaman, Silanna Semiconductor’s Director of Product Marketing. “In line with our other production-ready reference designs, the combination of Silanna’s CO2 Smart Power family of advanced AC/DC and DC/DC technologies and the innovative AnyPort architecture enable engineersto reducethe time needed to develop and test 65W 1C1A multi-port designsand ensure the fastest possible route from prototyping to full production.”
The RD-35 is the latest addition to Silanna’s comprehensive family of production-ready reference designs that provide everything needed to develop high-density chargers with low operational and no-load/ stand-by power consumption and minimum component count, BOM cost and size. This family includes all-silicon 33W and 45W solutions and silicon- and GaN-based single- and multiple-output 65W and 100W USB-PD reference designs.
Full availability of PCB Gerber and production files further reduces the time from prototyping to full production.
RD-35 Key Features
- 65W 1C1A high-power-density AnyPort™ reference design with standard Superjunction FET
- Flat efficiency across universal (90 – 265Vac) input voltage and load
- Uses Silanna Semiconductor’s newest fully integrated ACF controller (SZ1131)
- SZ1131 integrates ACF controller with UHV active clamp FET, active clamp driver, and start-up regulator
- Up to 146kHz switching frequency operation
- OptiMode™ cycle-by-cycle adaptive digital control
- Self-tuning valley mode switching (VMS)
- Multi-mode operation (burst mode, QR, VMS)
- <30mWsystem no-load power consumption for up to 65W single port (1C) designs
- OTP, OVP, OCP, OPP, and output short circuit protections
- Space-saving 16-pin SOIC package
- Uses Silanna Semiconductor’s high-voltage, high-efficiency 65W integrated buck converter (SZPL3102A)
- Synchronous buck regulator with switching frequencies up to 2MHz
- Optimal high efficiencies for 3.3V to 21V VOUT
- Maximum output current of 3.25A
- Wide input voltage range: 7V to 27V
- Selectable soft start times
- OCP/OVP/OTP protection
- Programmable UVLO
- 3mm x 3mm QFN package
- CO2Smart Power by Silanna Semiconductor
Information is available at https://powerdensity.com/reference-design/or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.